1/31/2022 - submitted to CRAN
write_quadtree_ptr()- this was causing a memory leak. I did not intend for users to ever use this function (it’s for my own use) so I simply removed it.
1/13/2022 - CRAN version
12/3/2021 - development version
new_pointsparameter that accepts a matrix of points to be used instead of the cell centroids.
use_original_end_pointsparameter. This modified the end points after the LCP functionality had already been run. This is inferior to what I have now implemented, so I removed it. This can now be achieved using the
find_lcp()reduced the number of arguments used for method selection to one. I changed the name of the parameter no longer used for method selection to be more descriptive.
find_lcp()that accepts a
Quadtree. It allows for LCPs to be found in one step (rather than having to use
find_lcp()). While it means that the
LcpFinderobject can’t be reused, it is more convenient in cases where only a single LCP needs to be calculated.
find_lcp(<LcpFinder>), added the
allow_same_cell_path, which allows for paths to be found between points that fall in the same cell.
11/30/2021 - development version
11/16/2021 - development version
QuadtreeWrapper::readQuadtree(). Also added unit tests to detect this bug.
write_quadtree_ptr()for writing only the
Quadtreepointer to file (
QuadtreeWrapperobject to file). This is for my own use - the average user will never need to use this.
Quadtree::serialize()(previously, some attributes were not being serialized).
NodeWrapper::toString()and made it available to R - this simply prints a summary of a
raster. Relying on the
rasterhad caused the code to break (see news for previous version). I decided to stop importing generics from raster to avoid any future issues like this. This has the disadvantage of masking
raster. This means users will need to preface the functions with the package names when using both packages, but it’ll hopefully avoid issues caused by changes in
11/9/2021 - development version
add_legend(), added parameters for controlling text color, font, and size. Also renamed
text_x_pctparameter for consistency.
plot(<Quadtree>)) to .4, since that typically looks nicer.
Responded to comments after CRAN submission. This led to the following changes:
Matrix.cppthat appeared to be causing the CRAN build to fail.
#includes in C++ files - removed unnecessary
#includesand order them in a way that is more readable.
PointUtilities.cpp. Only a single function (
distBtwPoints()) in this namespace was being used (in
LcpFinder.cpp), and only once.
Pointobjects as parameters (rather than having
QuadtreeWrapper) - removed ambiguous
hasChildrencolumn and instead added
plot_Quadtree.Rto work with the new columns.
points(<LcpFinder>). Also added a unit test for